Tuesday, November 9, 2010

King Farook - Land Of The Horny


YOURZ

I first heard about King Farook through a work mate, whose son is the lead singer in this great band.  He was obviously a proud Dad and talked up the band a lot.  And to be honest, I didn't take a huge amount of notice as I'd heard it all before.  But then he gave me this CD.  Listening to King Farook's hybrid of funk, rock, hip hop and whatever else they throw in to the mix convinced me. 

Land Of The Horny is a party album in waiting, with the emphasis on party.  Like a good party, this album peaks and declines, giving both band and listener a chance to catch a breath before kicking the energy up again.  But it is all about the groove, about booty-shaking beats and tighter than tighty-whites instrumentation.

They've also garnered a reputation for being one of the best live bands around, somethinng I'll only be able to confirm when I see them for myself.  And I guess this will be sooner than later.  Stay tuned...


VERDICT: TURN IT UP


MINE

Another reason not to judge a book by its cover.  I thought these  guys would be yet another hip-hop act doing shouty stuff I'd hate.  But instead, they're fun, funky, cheeky, rude, totally danceable and completely delightful!  One for our next party.  One to see live.  Catch them in Sydney on the 13th of November (check the website) and hopefully we'll be there too!  Sounds like a great birthday night out... over to you, my love?

VERDICT: TURN IT UP and get down


For more information: http://www.kingfarook.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment