Friday, November 19, 2010

Kosheen - Resist


MINE

Oh this is a Forgotten Gem for me... why haven't I been putting this on my workout list?  It's just the sort of music I love to insipre me for one more minute on the elliptical machine.  Vaguely reminding me of Moloko and Portishead - but faster - this album is chock full of great songs.  Demonstrate, Catch U, Suicide - all pearls. 

I'll have to say I love this primarily because of the gorgeous voice of Sian Evans, who also doesn't suck as a songwriter.  Classified as trip-hop, I'd call them darker dance-pop.  And magnificent.

VERDICT: TURN IT UP


YOURZ

Another of those albums added to our collection through the recommendation of a friend who worked in a record shop.  Thankfully, he got this one right as Resist is a great example of the genre.

While not necessarily my cup of tea (peppermint, if you please), it is the sort of music perfect for cruisy summer balcony parties while soaking up the last of the sun, just before the night (and whatever else) comes on.  You know what I mean...
VERDICT: TURN IT DOWN


For more information: http://www.kosheen.com/home/

1 comment: