Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Lo Fidelity Allstars - Don't Be Afraid Of Love


MINE

When I queried YourZ about the non-emergence of this CD from our collection at any time in my recollection, he maintained it was bought some years ago as a "party" album.  And I guess I have Katalyst to blame for its shy hiding away, given that Dusted has been our go-to party album for some time.  (YourZ sez: there hasn't been a decent contender for the title for a long time).

Or at least that's what I thought at first.  This CD opens up with some damn fine kickin' dance tunes.  Big beat-y and reminiscent of the Prodigy, then a touch of hip-hop followed by some sweet sweet pop - but alas there appears to be a much too high ratio of chill to dance in the second half of the album.  And one more small criticism - dance tracks with loooong draaawn oooout intros annoy the hell out of me.  Probably a hangover from my radio days, but I just want the music to start RIGHT NOW.

I liked Somebody Needs You a whole lot, but I reckon we just pick'n'choose the tracks we really like and then...

VERDICT: THROW IT OUT


YOURZ

Yeah, I don't really remember why I brought this album.  And Mine has pretty much summed it up with her review. 

To be honest, I think it might have been one of those albums recommended to me by a friend who worked in a record shop.  I don't usually take anyone's recommendations at face value, particularly from sales people.  I do know better but can't promise it won't happen again.

VERDICT: THROW IT OUT


No comments:

Post a Comment