Friday, May 21, 2010

Julie Brown - Trapped In The Body Of A White Girl

YOURZ

Oh, jeez, what can I say without being offensive...

Ahm...  Nope, can't say that.

Erm...  Nah, better not say that!

Oh, fuck it, Trapped In The Body Of A White Girl, for all its novelty song value, still sucks harder than a V8 vacuum cleaner.  No, really it does. 

The music on it says 80s but not in a good way.  Julie has a voice not unlike the character out of the Rocky Horror Picture Show who only gets the lead for one song just in case her voice annoys too many people. 

VERDICT: THROW IT OUT, please!


MINE

OK, fate has it that the pointy stick landed on the second of my two strictly novelty albums, and the one I really don't ever, ever listen to.  But I have to admit to a shocking liking for the odd novelty tune.  Not in the realm of Who Let The Dogs Out? or any Chipmunk-flavoured fare, but I do have a soft spot for songs like Cows With Guns and Elvis is Everywhere.

So it's not such a stretch to find that I bought this CD (for about five dollars, as I recall), because of the delightful The Homecoming Queen's Got A Gun.  But while it also has the equally hilarious I Like 'Em Big and Stupid, it sadly misses out on her other great song, 'Cause I'm a Blond.  But while most of this album is strictly forgettable, the two songs I love mean it's staying with us, baby.

For those of you who are puzzling over where you might have seen her before - she's also an actress and appeared alongside Geena Davis in Earth Girls Are Easy.  And to YourZ, who's no doubt shaking his head sadly over this aberration, all I have to say is: The Bloodhound Gang. (YourZ sez: yeah, yeah...)

VERDICT: TURN IT UP ...give me a moron with talented hands


For more information: http://www.juliebrown.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment